Uniform is an important aspect of equal opportunities at Parkside Community College. It also affords some safety and protection for younger students as they can be easily identified as students of the college.
School uniform is compulsory and students who fail to wear the correct school dress will receive a consequence.
Grey jumper with logo. This is a compulsory item for all students and it is mandatory to purchase this uniform item via our supplier, SWI.
The following items can be purchased from any supplier, however, we hope that as many families as possible will purchase the SWI uniform items:
- Plain grey trousers (leggings are only permitted under a skirt and do not count as trousers)
- Plain grey skirt (straight or pleated)
- Plain grey shorts
- Coats (hoodies are not permitted as a coat)
- Blue buttoned plain shirt.
- Plain black leather style shoes (no trainers).
Please see below for images of the uniform:
We do not accept the following
- jogging bottoms or sports trousers
- mini skirts
- hot pants
Please note that no outdoor clothing, including hoodies, may be worn inside school buildings, especially not in place of the school sweatshirt.
- Plain black, flat or low heeled shoes or black trainers without logos. Shoes must be completely black, including the sole and laces.
- If headscarves are worn for religious reasons, they should be a navy blue colour.
- Hair must remain a natural colour.
- Make-up use must be discreet and natural looking.
- Nail polish is not permitted. False nails and nail extensions are not permitted.
- Jewellery is not permitted, except stud earrings and a watch, unless for religious or cultural reasons. All jewellery must be removable for PE.
PE Kit Expectations
Please read the below document for further details.
These items must be purchased from SWI
- Raglan Polo Shirt
- Track Top
- Black Football Socks
These items can be purchased from any supplier
- Track Pants
- Black Leggings
- Outdoor Trainers or Astro Boots (outdoor footwear)
- White trainers (indoor footwear)
Please note, only black trainers are allowed at Coleridge for both outdoor and indoor footwear.
All students are expected to have a serviceable bag for their belongings, including:
- A pencil case
- Black or blue pen plus a second pen in a contrasting colour for marking
- A pencil and pencil sharpener
- A ruler
- A rubber
- A protractor and compass
- A scientific calculator
- Students are advised to carry a water bottle with them.
- CCEF, Friends and Alumni
- Clubs and Activities
- COVID Information
- Duke of Edinburgh
- Information Evenings
- Leadership Team and Heads of Department
- Our Uniform
- Parent Teacher Association
- Parkside Sixth
- Policies and Documents
- Student Services
- Term Dates
- The Learning Day
- Your Views