Uniform is an important aspect of equal opportunities at Cambridge Academic Partnership. It also affords some safety and protection for younger students as they can be easily identified as students of the college.
Years 7-10 School uniform is compulsory and students who fail to wear the correct school dress will receive a consequence.
Year 11 may be granted a non-uniform privilege if certain requirements are met regarding work and attendance. However, we ask that students who have gained this privilege wear appropriate dress for the world of work, and we reserve the right to ask for inappropriate dress to be changed to something suitable.
Our uniform supplier is Sportswear International Ltd. Orders can be placed online www.swischoolwear.co.uk (order via PARENTS ONLINE). Orders can also be placed by telephone 0845 519 0099, by post or by fax using this order form.
Uniform Expectations (from September 2019)
Please note: we have agreed on a new version of the school uniform that will become compulsory for all students in Years 7-11 in a phased introduction from September 2019. The new uniform will be available to purchase from Monday 3rd June 2019
The uniform will be:
Grey jumper with logo. It is mandatory to purchase these uniform items via our supplier, SWI.
The following items can be purchased from any supplier, however, we hope that as many families as possible will purchase the SWI uniform items:
- Plain grey trousers
- Plain grey skirt (straight or pleated)
- Plain grey shorts
The following items can be purchased from any supplier:
For Coleridge – White buttoned plain shirt.
For Parkside and Trumpington – Blue buttoned plain shirt.
Plain black shoes or trainers.
In order to minimise the cost of the change to families, we are proposing to phase the introduction of the new uniform as follows:
September 2019 Students in the incoming Year 7 and Year 10 (current Year 9 students) to wear new uniform
September 2020 Students in all years from Year 7 to Year 11 to wear new uniform
Please see below for images of the new uniform:
PE Kit Expectations (from September 2019)
*Please read the below document for further details.
These items must be purchased from SWI
- Raglan Polo Shirt
- Track Top
These items can be purchased from any supplier
- Track Pants
- Black Leggings
- Black Football Socks
- Black Trainers or Astro Boots (outdoor footwear)
- White trainers (indoor footwear)
We do not accept the following
- jogging bottoms or sports trousers
- mini skirts
- hot pants
Please note that no outdoor clothing, including hoodies, may be worn inside school buildings, especially not in place of the school sweatshirt.
- Plain black, flat or low heeled shoes or black trainers without logos. Shoes must be completely black, including the sole and laces.
- If headscarves are worn for religious reasons, they should be a navy blue colour.
- Hair must remain a natural colour.
- Make-up use must be discreet and natural looking.
- Nail polish is not permitted.
- Jewellery is not permitted, except stud earrings and a watch, unless for religious or cultural reasons.
All students are expected to have a serviceable bag for their belongings, including:
- A pencil case
- Black or blue pen plus a second pen in a contrasting colour for marking
- A pencil and pencil sharpener
- A ruler
- A rubber
- A protractor and compass
- A scientific calculator
- Students are advised to carry a water bottle with them.
- Clubs and Activities
- Duke of Edinburgh
- Friends and Alumni
- Governing Body
- Leadership Team and Heads of Department
- Our Uniform
- Parent Teacher Association
- Parkside Sixth
- Policies and Documents
- School Improvement Plan
- Student Services
- Term Dates
- The Learning Day
- Your Views