Role of the Local Governing Body
The role of a Local Governing Body (LGB) within the Cambridge Academic Partnership (CAP) is a strategic one. The LGB is responsible for promoting high standards and educational achievement.
The school is accountable to the United Learning Group Board, and the LGB should ensure that the school meets the requirements of the Group Board.
The LGB works in partnership with the Headteacher, the senior leadership team, the CAP Partnership Board and senior executives from United Learning to:
- Uphold the values and ethos of the school, the CAP Partnership and United Learning
- Set the school’s strategic plan
- Monitor the performance and progress of the school, agreeing strategies to achieve continuous improvement, raising standards for all students
- Ensure budgets are allocated effectively reflecting the priorities as set out in the school’s strategic and school improvement plans
To contact the Chair of Governors, please contact the clerk at email@example.com.
Parkside Community College is a part of United Learning whose Trustees hold the ultimate responsibility for the governance of each United Learning school.
The Department for Education’s governance handbook 2019 identifies the essentials of effective governance as follows:
Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction; holding the executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent.
United Learning’s Trustees delegate certain key roles and responsibilities to the school’s Local Governing Body (LGB) and these are set out clearly in our Scheme of Delegation which can be seen on the United Learning website.
- CCEF, Friends and Alumni
- Clubs and Activities
- COVID Information
- Duke of Edinburgh
- Information Evenings
- Leadership Team and Heads of Department
- Our Uniform
- Parent Teacher Association
- Parkside Sixth
- Policies and Documents
- Student Services
- Term Dates
- The Learning Day
- Your Views